Noodles In Walnut Sauce
|Walnut pieces||4 Ounce (100 gram)|
|Butter||2 Ounce, softened (25 gram)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), skinned and crushed|
|Soured cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 milliliter)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Green tagliatelle||10 Ounce (275 gram)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon (for serving)|
1. In a blender or food processor blend together the walnuts, butter, garlic, soured cream and seasoning.
2. Boil 2 litres (3 1/2 pints) water in a kettle and pour it into either a deep casserole dish or a 2.8 litre (5 pint) ovenproof glass bowl. Add 10 ml (2 level tsp) salt and the vegetable oil.
3. Bring the water back to a full rolling boil in the microwave oven set on HIGH. Quickly lower the tagliatelle into the water, three-quarters cover with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes until it is partially cooked.
4. Remove the bowl from the oven and leave the tagliatelle to stand, covered, for about 2 minutes until it is cooked and firm to the bite. Drain well.
5. Place the tagliatelle in a large ovenproof serving dish and add the nut mixture. Toss gently until the tagliatelle is well coated. Microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minutes until it is hot. Sprinkle the tagliatelle with Parmesan cheese and serve it with a green salad.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2690 Calories from Fat 1487
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 168 g257.7%
Saturated Fat 57.4 g286.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 223.9 mg74.6%
Sodium 791.2 mg33%
Total Carbohydrates 227 g75.6%
Dietary Fiber 20.6 g82.4%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 76 g152.1%
Vitamin A 46.1% Vitamin C 4.4%
Calcium 73.4% Iron 26.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet