Smoked Ham In Cream Sauce
|White wine vinegar||45 Milliliter (45 Milliliter)|
|Shallots||2 , skinned and finely chopped|
|Peppercorns||6 , lightly crushed|
|Juniper berries||6 , lightly crushed|
|Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Smoked ham slice/Cooked ham slice||4 (1 Centimeter / 1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Finely chopped fresh tarragon/Parsley||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
1. Put the vinegar into a small ovenproof glass bowl with the shallots, peppercorns and juniper berries. Microwave on HIGH for 3-4 minutes until boiling and reduced by half. Remove the vinegar mixture from the oven and set it aside.
2. Preheat a large browning dish to maximum according to the manufacturer's instructions, adding the oil for the last 30 seconds. (Or, put the oil in a shallow ovenproof dish and microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minutes until hot.)
3. Without removing the dish from the oven, place the slices of ham in the hot oil and microwave for 2 minutes, turning over the ham after 1 minute. Remove the ham from the dish and place it on a warm serving dish, then cover and keep it warm. (If necessary, cook two slices of ham at a time.)
4. Stir in the wine and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes, until boiling, stirring frequently.
5. Strain the reduced vinegar into the sauce. Stir in the cream and season to taste. Microwave on HIGH for 3-4 minutes until the sauce is very hot but not boiling. Cut the butter into small pieces and stir them quickly into the sauce to give it a glaze.
6. Pour the sauce over the ham and then serve it sprinkled with tarragon or parsley to garnish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1473 Calories from Fat 1199
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 134 g206.8%
Saturated Fat 24.4 g122.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.6 mg35.2%
Sodium 121.3 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 21 g42.3%
Vitamin A 38.7% Vitamin C 19.5%
Calcium 21% Iron 33.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet