Asiago Polenta With Tomato Gin Sauce
|Grated asiago cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated romano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh basil||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Tomatoes||4 , peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated romano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Garnish)|
|Fresh basil leaves||8 (For Garnish)|
1. In a bowl, stir together Asiago, Romano and basil. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan, heat olive oil. Add shallot and garlic. Saute 10 minutes until soft. Add stock and bring to a boil.
3. Gradually whisk in cornmeal and salt, reduce heat and continue cooking, whisking until thickened and mixture comes away from sides of the pot.
4. Pour 1/3 of the polenta mixture into a prepared 8x8-inch (20x20-cm) pan. Sprinkle with half of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers, ending with the polenta mixture, to make five layers. Cool, cover and refrigerate until firm, 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Uncover the polenta and bake for 40 minutes until golden.
6. In a skillet, heat oil and slowly cook the onion until soft. Add garlic, tomatoes, salt, sugar and pepper and cook 10 minutes more.
7. Add gin and basil and transfer sauce to a food processor or blender. Process 1 minute or until smooth.
8. Cut polenta into 8 squares and serve on top of sauce. Garnish with additional basil and Romano.