Sauce Crowned Meat Ring
|Coarse dry bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon lime soda||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lean ground beef||2 Pound|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dill weed||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chili sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Soak bread crumbs in lemon-lime carbonated beverage in a bowl. Add ground beef, eggs, onion, salt, dill and Worcestershire sauce; mix lightly but thoroughly.
2. Pack meat mixture lightly into a lightly oiled deep 1 1/2-quart ring mold. Unmold into a glass baking dish. Cover with waxed paper. Cook in microwave oven 5 minutes at HIGH.
3. Remove excess liquid from meat ring with baster; rotate dish one-half turn. Cook covered in microwave oven 3 to 4 minutes at HIGH, or until meat is no longer pink on surface.
4. Again remove excess liquid with baster and rotate dish one-half turn. Spread chili sauce over meat ring. Cook covered in microwave oven 4 minutes at HIGH.
5. Remove from oven, cover with aluminum foil and allow to stand 5 minutes for heat to equalize.