Meatballs With Potato And Mushroom Sauce
|Potatoes||2 Medium, pared and cut in cubes|
|Ground beef chuck||1 Pound|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Put potato into a 1-quart glass casserole. Cover with an all-glass lid or plastic wrap. Cook in microwave oven about 4 1/2 minutes at HIGH, or until tender; stir once. Set aside.
2. Combine meat, onion, parsley, bread crumbs and salt. Mix egg and water. Stir into meat mixture.
3. Divide meat mixture into 12 portions. Shape each portion into a meatball, using 2 or 3 cooked potato cubes as the center. Put into a 1 1/2-quart glass baking dish. Cover with waxed paper.
4. Cook in microwave oven 6 minutes at HIGH; rearrange after 3 minutes. Drain off fat.
5. Combine condensed mushroom soup and milk. Stir in remaining cooked potatoes. Pour over meatballs. Cover with waxed paper. Cook in microwave oven 5 minutes at BAKE; rotate dish one-quarter turn once.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1803 Calories from Fat 915
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 101 g155.9%
Saturated Fat 46.7 g233.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 516.9 mg172.3%
Sodium 2742.5 mg114.3%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.4%
Dietary Fiber 11.7 g46.7%
Sugars 21.3 g
Protein 107 g213.9%
Vitamin A 34.2% Vitamin C 150.6%
Calcium 37.9% Iron 63.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet