Hazelnut Loaf With Mushroom And Pepper Sauce
|Hazelnuts||4 Ounce, ground (125 Gram)|
|Wholemeal breadcrumbs||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Sunflower oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Carrots||2 Large, grated|
|Celery stick||2 , finely chopped|
|Chopped fresh sage||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Yeast extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Shoyu||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Tomatoes||3 Large, sliced|
|Chopped fresh parsley||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Vegetable margarine||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Chopped fresh dill||2 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1 Pinch|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, finely chopped (125 Gram)|
|Green pepper||1 Small, deseeded and finely chopped|
|Wholemeal flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Skimmed milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
1. Mix the hazelnuts and breadcrumbs together in a large bowl.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and gently try the onion, carrots and celery for 5 minutes until soft. Add to the nut and breadcrumb mixture, together with the sage and thyme.
3. Dissolve the yeast extract in the water, and add to the bowl with the shoyu. Mix in the beaten egg.
4. Put about half the nut mixture into the base of a lightly oiled 1 lb (500g) loaf tin. Cover with the sliced tomatoes and parsley. Top with the rest of the nut mixture.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at Gas Mark 4,350°F, 180°C for 35-40 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
6. For the sauce, melt the margarine in a small pan, add the dill and chilli powder, mushrooms and green pepper. Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes.
7. Stir in the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the milk. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously, and simmer gently for 3-4 minutes. Add the shoyu and serve.