Sauteed Turkey And Banana With Lemon Sauce
|Turkey breast||2 Pound (900 g)|
|Seasoned flour||1 Ounce (25 g)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Ounce (25 g)|
|Streaky bacon||4 Ounce, rinded and chopped (100 g)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 ml)|
|Lemon juice||45 Milliliter (3 tbsp)|
|Watercress||3 (to garnish)|
|Lemon slices||3 (to garnish)|
1. Cut the turkey meat into neat strips about 1 cm (1/2 inch) wide and 7.5 cm (3 inches) long. Toss them in the seasoned flour.
2. Preheat a large browning dish according to the manufacturer's instructions, adding the butter for the last 30 seconds. (Or, put the butter in a large shallow ovenproof dish and microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minutes until the butter is hot.)
3. Without removing the dish from the oven, add the turkey strips and the bacon to the hot butter, stirring them quickly in the butter to coat and brown them evenly. Cover with a lid, or cling film, pulling back one corner to vent. Microwave on HIGH for 12-15 minutes, stirring frequently during the cooking time. Add the lemon juice, stock and seasonings and stir well. Microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until boiling.
4. Slice the bananas and stir them into the turkey. Microwave on HIGH uncovered for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve garnished with watercress and lemon slices.