Basic Meat Sauce
|Vegetable oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 Large, skinned and finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), skinned and crushed|
|Streaky bacon||4 Ounce, rinded and chopped (100 Grams)|
|Minced beef||1 Pound (450 Grams)|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce (397 Grams / 1 Can)|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced (100 Grams)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Dried mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon|
1. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof glass bowl on HIGH for 30-60 seconds.
2. Stir in the onion, garlic and bacon, cover and cook on HIGH for 5-7 minutes or until the onion is soft.
3. Break up the meat and stir in. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2-3 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Drain off any excess fat.
4. Add the tomatoes with their juice and roughly break up, then add the remaining ingredients to the meat mixture.
5. Cover and cook on HIGH for a further 15-20 minutes or until cooked, stirring after 10 minutes if there is no turn-table.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1730 Calories from Fat 995
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g171.3%
Saturated Fat 42.7 g213.3%
Trans Fat 3.4 g
Cholesterol 361.3 mg120.4%
Sodium 2795.3 mg116.5%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.8%
Dietary Fiber 15.1 g60.5%
Sugars 17.6 g
Protein 119 g237.4%
Vitamin A 58.8% Vitamin C 112.3%
Calcium 28.6% Iron 90.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet