Basic Meat Sauce
|Vegetable oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 Large, skinned and finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), skinned and crushed|
|Streaky bacon||4 Ounce, rinded and chopped (100 Grams)|
|Minced beef||1 Pound (450 Grams)|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce (397 Grams / 1 Can)|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced (100 Grams)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Dried mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon|
1. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof glass bowl on HIGH for 30-60 seconds.
2. Stir in the onion, garlic and bacon, cover and cook on HIGH for 5-7 minutes or until the onion is soft.
3. Break up the meat and stir in. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2-3 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Drain off any excess fat.
4. Add the tomatoes with their juice and roughly break up, then add the remaining ingredients to the meat mixture.
5. Cover and cook on HIGH for a further 15-20 minutes or until cooked, stirring after 10 minutes if there is no turn-table.