Stuffed Pasta Shells With Tofu Mushroom Sauce
|Uncooked jumbo pasta shells||12|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Sliced mushrooms||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned diced tomatoes with garlic, basil, and oregano||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Soft tofu||6 Ounce, drained (1/2 Of 12 Ounce Package)|
|Chopped fresh basil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated fresh parmesan cheese||3 Ounce (3/4 Cup)|
|Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Cook pasta shells according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
2. While pasta cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add oil. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook 4 minutes or until tender.
3. Stir in tomatoes and next 4 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until slightly thick. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350°.
5. Spoon 1/4 cup sauce into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
6. Spoon sauce evenly into cooked shells. Arrange shells in baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
7. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly and cheese melts.