In the recipe video, How To: 20 Minute Tomato Sauce, chef Dani Spies demonstrates the method to prepare tomato sauce at home. A simple, homemade tomato sauce is a must-have for all kitchen. Use this sauce to serve with regular meals throughout the week.
Extra virgin olive oil
3 Medium, chopped
1 Medium, sliced
Korean red pepper flakes
2 Can (20 oz), crushed (28 ounce can)
1 Tablespoon, dried
Fresh flat leaf parsley
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped
1 Teaspoon (to taste)
Cracked black pepper
1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)
1. Heat a large pot over medium heat and add olive oil.
2. Add onion, red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt to it. Sauté it for 5 minutes or until the onions turns soft and tender.
3. Add garlic and sauté it for another 5 minutes or until it is translucent.
4. Add the crushed tomatoes and give it a stir.
5. Add bay leaf, oregano, freshly ground pepper and a pinch of salt. Mix well and turn the heat to high so that it comes to a boil.
6. Once it comes to a boil, reduce flame to a simmer and let it cook for about 15 minutes or until it comes to a desired consistency.
7. Remove from flame and garnish with freshly chopped parsley. Mix it well.
8. Allow it to cool and store it in the refrigerator to use as required.
9. Serve Tomato Sauce as an accompaniment to dishes or as a base recipe for other dishes.
If you are crazy about homemade tomato sauce, then here is something for you. It is one of the staple ingredients, every equipped kitchen should have. If you never prepared this on your own, then don't miss this chance to learn the process as this homemade tomato sauce gets ready in around 20 minutes. Doesn't it sound great?