Salmon With Cucumber Chive Sauce
|Cucumber piece||2 Inch|
|Minced red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Snipped fresh chives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salmon fillets/Other firm fleshed fish||1 1⁄2 Pound, pounded (4 Small Size)|
|Non fat sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain low fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon zest||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Peel and finely chop the cucumber. Mince the bell pepper. Melt the margarine in a small saucepan.
3. In a small bowl, combine the melted margarine with 1 tablespoon of the fresh chives, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper.
4. Place the fish on the broiler pan. Spread the chive mixture over the fish and broil 4 inches from the heat until the fish is opaque and just flakes when tested with the tip of a knife, about 7 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a medium-size bowl, combine the sour cream, yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest (if using), mustard, the remaining 5 tablespoons fresh chives, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Stir in the cucumber and bell pepper.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1270 Calories from Fat 514
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g88.3%
Saturated Fat 10 g50%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 391.5 mg130.5%
Sodium 1519.1 mg63.3%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 146 g292.3%
Vitamin A 56.4% Vitamin C 139.7%
Calcium 48% Iron 37.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet