Eggplant Parmigiana With Meat Sauce
|Eggplants||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1/2-inch slices (Two 1.25 Pound Each Pieces)|
|Seasoned bread crumbs||6 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Diced onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Broiled lean ground beef||9 Ounce|
|Low sodium tomato sauce||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Stewed tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shredded part skim mozzarella cheese||6 Ounce|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||8 Tablespoon (2 Tablespoons Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Sprinkle salt evenly over both sides of eggplant slices. Place on large tray lined with paper towels to drain for 20 minutes.
3. Dredge eggplant slices in bread crumbs, coating both sides. Spray 2 nonstick baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray; divide eggplant slices evenly between prepared sheets and bake until golden, about 30 minutes.
4. Spray large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray; add onion and cook overmedium heat until softened, about 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except cheese and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
5. In medium mixing bowl, combine cheeses.
6. In 13-by-9-inch baking dish, layer 1 cup sauce, one-third of eggplant slices, 1 cup sauce, half the cheese mixture, 1 cup sauce, one-third of eggplant slices, 1 cup sauce, remaining cheese mixture, 1 cup sauce, remaining eggplant slices, and remaining sauce.
7. Bake until bubbly and completely heated through, about 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.