Fish Fillets In Green Sauce
|Vegetable oil||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Chopped white onion||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Jalapeno chilies||2 , seeded, finely chopped (Fresh)|
|Tomatillos/Drained, small canned tomatillos||250 Milliliter, 1 cup, husked, chopped, and drained|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||95 Milliliter (1/3 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Coarsely chopped coriander||80 Milliliter (Fresh, 1/3 Cup)|
|All purpose flour||80 Milliliter (1/3 Cup)|
|Butter/Margarine||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Red snapper fillets/Skinless sole fillets||2 Pound (675 To 900 Gram, Small Sized)|
|Coriander sprigs||1 (Fresh)|
1. Heat 2 tablespoons (30 mL) oil in 8- to 9-inch (20- to 23-cm) skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and chilies; saute until soft, about 4 minutes. Add tomatillos, garlic and cumin; saute 1 minute.
2. Add 1/3 cup (80 mL) water, the chopped coriander and 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) salt to skillet. Heat over high heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Transfer mixture to blender container; process until smooth. Return sauce to skillet; reserve, off heat.
3. Mix flour, remaining 1/4 tea spoon (1 mL) salt and the pepper on plate. Beat egg with 1 tablespoon (15 mL) water in shallow bowl.
4. Heat butter and remaining 2 tablespoons (30 mL) oil in 12-inch (30-cm) skillet over medium-high heat until foamy. Working with as many fillets as will fit in skillet in single layer, quickly dip each fillet in flour to coat both sides lightly; shake off excess. Dip in egg; let excess drain off. Add to skillet; cook over medium-high heat, turning once, until light brown on outside and opaque at center of thickest point, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Remove to serving platter; keep warm. Repeat with remaining fillets.
5. Quickly heat reserved sauce over medium heat, stirring frequently, until hot. Pour over and around fish; garnish with lime slices and coriander sprig.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2191 Calories from Fat 934
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 106 g162.6%
Saturated Fat 27.9 g139.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 611.7 mg203.9%
Sodium 1684.3 mg70.2%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.8 g47.1%
Sugars 15.2 g
Protein 207 g414.2%
Vitamin A 159.4% Vitamin C 164.7%
Calcium 46.8% Iron 57.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet