Duck With Orange Sauce
|Celery||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped|
|Whole onions||2 , chopped|
|Apple||1 , chopped|
|Oranges||1 , chopped|
|Wild mallard ducks||6 , clean, wash and dried|
|Poultry seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole bay leaves||4|
|Orange juice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chicken stock/Duck stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|White wine||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Grand marnier||To Taste|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a roasting pan, place the ducks and cover with water.
3) Bake in the oven for 2 1/2 hours.
4) Drain off the fatty cooking water.
5) Wash, and dry the ducks again.
6) Fill each duck with celery, onions, apples, and oranges.
7) In a clean roasting pan pack the ducks tightly, breast side down.
8) Place the spices and cover with juice, stock, and wine.
9) Wrap the ducks with aluminium foil.
10) Bake in the oven for 5 hours at 350°F.
11) Carefully remove the ducks from the roasting pan.
12) Strain and transfer the liquid from the roasting pan into a saucepan until saucepan is full.
13) Heat the liquid to boil and simmer until the liquid is reduced and thickened.
14) Mix in GRAND MARNIER, to taste.
15) Spoon the thicken sauce over ducks and serve hot with rice.