Shrimp In Garlic Sauce
|Potatoes||4 Medium, peeled and cooked|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Scampi/Shrimp||12 , shelled and deveined|
|White wine||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) In a bowl, mash the potatoes with egg yolks, milk and 1 1/2 tablespoons butter until creamy in texture.
2) Lightly grease six ovenproof dinner plates.
3) Place a spoonful of potato mixture on each plate and, using a fork, make a nest, keep warm.
4) Remove the heads of the shrimps and reserve.
5) In a saucepan, place together heads and wine.
6) Heat the pan and bring to a boil, until the cooking liquid is reduced by one-third for 20 minutes.
7) Strain the cooking liquid.
8) In a saucepan, melt 3 tablespoon of butter and saute onion until tender, but not brown for 5 minutes.
9) Stir in garlic and flour and allow to cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously to prevent lumps.
10) Take the pan off the heat.
11) Stream in the milk and reserved wine and stir to mix.
12) Return the pan to heat and, stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil and allow to thicken for 10 minutes.
13) Put in the shrimp, carefully stirring, and cook until shrimp are tender.
14) Simmer the shrimp mixture and gently stir in cream and parsley for 10 minutes.
15) Stir until the cream combines with the shrimp mixture.
16) Serve the Shrimp In Garlic Sauce on the reserved mash potato.