Banana Fritters With Mocha Sauce
|Firm bananas||4 (With All Yellow Peel)|
|Confectioners sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Mocha sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1 Tablespoon, melted and cooled|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening/Lard / oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Heated To 365 Degree F For Deep Frying)|
1. Peel bananas and cut crosswise into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Gently toss banana pieces with a mixture of confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, and rum. Cover the bowl and allow banana pieces to marinate 45 minutes to 1 hour, turning fruit occasionally.
2. While bananas are marinating, prepare Mocha Sauce and keep warm in the top of a double boiler over simmering water.
3. Mix together the sifted flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
4. Drain banana pieces and set aside, reserving liquid. Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored. Beat in the melted shortening, reserved liquid from the bananas, milk, and vanilla extract.
5. Make a well in center of dry ingredients. Pour in liquid mixture all at one time and blend just until batter is smooth. Beat egg whites until they form rounded peaks. Gently fold into batter.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2565 Calories from Fat 755
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g130.9%
Saturated Fat 28.9 g144.3%
Trans Fat 7.4 g
Cholesterol 407.1 mg135.7%
Sodium 1653.9 mg68.9%
Total Carbohydrates 414 g138.2%
Dietary Fiber 22 g87.8%
Sugars 195.6 g
Protein 46 g92.7%
Vitamin A 26.4% Vitamin C 92.6%
Calcium 74% Iron 74.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet