Raspberry Poached Pears With Chocolate Raspberry Sauce
|Frozen raspberries in syrup||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Firm pears||6 Large|
|Semi-sweet chocolate square||1|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. In blender, blend raspberries and their syrup until smooth. Set strainer over 3-quart casserole; pour blended raspberries into strainer. With rubber spatula, press raspberry juice and pulp through strainer. Discard seeds. Into raspberry puree, stir sugar and lemon juice.
2. Peel pears, leaving stems intact. With apple corer or melon bailer, core pears from blossom ends.
3. Arrange pears in a circle in raspberry mixture in casserole, placing large ends of pears near edge of casserole and stem ends in center. Spoon some raspberry mixture over pears; cover casserole with lid or large plate. Cook at high (100% power) 15 to 20 minutes, turning pears over once, until pears are nearly fork-tender.
4. In cup, mix cornstarch and water. Gently stir cornstarch mixture into raspberry mixture in casserole until blended. Turn pears over again. Cover casserole and continue to cook at high 2 to 5 minutes until raspberry sauce thickens slightly and pears are tender. Refrigerate pears in sauce, covered, at least 3 hours to blend flavors, spooning raspberry sauce over pears occasionally.
5. Just before serving, in small bowl, place 1 cup raspberry sauce from casserole. Cook at high 2 to 3 minutes, until very hot. Add chocolate; let stand a few minutes to melt. Stir sauce briskly until smooth.
6. Meanwhile, in small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat heavy or whipping cream and confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2033 Calories from Fat 486
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.7%
Saturated Fat 32.7 g163.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164.4 mg54.8%
Sodium 64 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 408 g136%
Dietary Fiber 54.8 g219.1%
Sugars 297.2 g
Protein 11 g21.9%
Vitamin A 41.7% Vitamin C 180.2%
Calcium 25.4% Iron 26.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet