Sweetbreads In Poulette Sauce
|Veal sweetbreads||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken flavor bouillon cube/Envelope||1|
|Half and half||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Thin white bread slices||6 , toasted|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Wash sweetbreads. To precook, in 3-quart saucepan over high heat, heat sweetbreads, 4 cups water, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon salt to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer sweetbreads 20 minutes. Drain.
2. Rinse sweetbreads with running cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Remove membrane. Cut out veins and connective tissue. Cut sweetbreads into 1-inch pieces.
3. In same saucepan, over medium heat, into hot butter or margarine, stir flour until blended; cook 1 minute. Gradually stir in chicken-flavor bouillon, half-and-half, pepper, 2/3 cup water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens slightly; reduce heat to low.
4. In small bowl, beat egg yolks slightly; into egg yolks, stir small amount of hot sauce; slowly pour egg mixture back into the sauce; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens (do not boil). Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add sweetbreads and heat through.
5. To serve, place a slice of toast on each of 6 dinner plates; top with some sweetbreads mixture. Garnish with chopped parsley.