Pheasant With Two Sauces
|Pheasants||2 , sectioned into legs and breasts|
|Oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Butter||2 Teaspoon (10 Milliliter)|
|Spinach||750 Milliliter, washed, drained and stemmed (3 Cups)|
|Onion||15 Milliliter, chopped (1 Tablespoon)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Sweet red pepper||15 Milliliter, finely diced (1 Tablespoon)|
|Hollandaise sauce||1 Liter (1 Packet)|
|Tomato paste||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
– Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
– In a skillet, heat half the oil. Sear the 4 pheasant legs well on all sides, transfer them to a baking dish, season with salt and pepper and bake for 15 minutes.
– Do the same with the
4 pheasant breasts and put them in with the legs for the final 10 minutes of cooking.
– Meanwhile, melt the butter in a skillet and saute the onion and garlic without browning. Add the spinach and sweet red pepper. Cook, stirring continually, until the spinach is quite wilted. Set aside.
– Prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions. Divide it in half. Add the tomato paste to the first half and set aside. Add
2 tbsp (30 ml) of the cooked spinach to the second half, and run it through the food processor for 15 seconds to make a sauce.
– Turn the oven to broil when taking out the pheasant.
– Cover the legs with some of the spinach sauce and the breasts with some of the tomato sauce. Run them under the broiler for about 2 minutes.