Frozen Peach Mousse With Caramel Sauce
|Superfine sugar||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Ripe peach flesh||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||9 Cup (144 tbs), whipped|
|Amaretti/Almond cookies||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), crumbled|
|Cold water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) In a heavy bottomed saucepan, place the sugar with cold water.
2) Heat the pan, bring slowly to a boil, stirring occasionally.
3) Allow to simmer for 1 minute.
4) Take the pan off the heat and leave aside to cool.
5) In a large mixing bowl, place exactly 4 1/2 cups of prepared sugar syrup.
6) In a food processor, place the peach flesh and process until smooth puree.
7) Pass the puree through a fine sieve and measure out 4 1/2 cups.
8) Stir the cold sugar syrup into the peach puree.
9) Fold the whipped cream into the peach mixture.
10) Fold in the finely ground amaretti.
11) Transfer the cream mixture into rectangular container.
12) Using the plate knife, smooth the surface level.
13) Cover the container with waxed paper, and freeze for at least 3 hours.
14) In a heavy bottomed saucepan place the sugar with 1 cup water; bring slowly to a boil, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
15) Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring frequently, for about 20 minutes or until the syrup turns light golden brown.
16) Take the pan away from heat, add 1 cup cold water and almond extract.
17) Leave the pan aside until cool.
18) Invert the set cream mixture onto a large, chilled serving platter and cut into slices.
19) Serve the sliced peach mousse on chilled serving plate and
Calories 573 Calories from Fat 268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.9%
Saturated Fat 19.1 g95.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 119.3 mg39.8%
Sodium 29 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.72 g2.9%
Sugars 67.7 g
Protein 1 g2.3%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 5.3%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 0.69%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet