Pear sauce is a nice treat if you are used to always having apple sauce. The flavour is much sweeter, and far more delicate.
In this recipe video we don’t add any sugar, but depending on your taste you may.
10 Medium, peeled, cored, and sliced
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 Tablespoon (as required)
1) Peel, core, and roughly slice the pears.
2) In a heavy bottom pot, place the pears.
3) Add water, cinnamon and sugar, if using.
4) Cover and cook over a low heat for about 1 hour.
5) With a hand blender, puree the sauce to desired consistency.
6) Pear sauce is perfect for preserving in the freezer, or in sealer jars. Use as required.