Stir Fried Asparagus With Egg Sauce
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Trim off tough asparagus ends; set tips aside. Cut stalks in l-inch lengths and parboil. Beat egg lightly.
2. Combine cornstarch, salt and stock in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring.
3. Slowly stir in some heated stock with beaten egg. Then add egg mixture to pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat until stock thickens. Keep warm.
4. Heat oil in another pan. Add asparagus stalks and tips; stir-fry until tender but still crisp (about 3 minutes). Stir in sherry and remaining salt.
5. Transfer asparagus to a serving platter. Pour the warm egg sauce over and serve at once.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 538 Calories from Fat 332
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.6%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 213.8 mg71.3%
Sodium 1025.9 mg42.7%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.6%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 22 g43.1%
Vitamin A 73.7% Vitamin C 42.7%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 59.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet