Chicken With Vegetable Sauce
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Celery stalks||8 , blanched|
|Canned peeled tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||3 Ounce|
|Chicken bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Italian salad seasoning/Tarragon/oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Pimiento stuffed olives||20|
1. Season chickens inside and out. Brush with melted butter and soy sauce. Place chickens with breast up on a rack in a roasting pan.
2. Bake in a 350°F oven for 45 minutes for small and 1 hour for large chickens.
3. Vegetable sauce: Wash and cut celery and leek in narrow strips. Chop the onions. In a saucepan fry vegetables lightly in butter until they soften. Stir occasionally and add the canned tomatoes through a strainer.
4. Add the chicken bouillon, the tomato puree, and seasonings and let simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes. Dilute with 3 ounces dry white wine or tomato liquid.
5. Add the sliced olives; taste and correct seasoning. Carve the chickens in halves and place on a hot serving dish. Large chickens can be cut in four pieces. Pour on the hot chicken gravy and the hot vegetable sauce.
Calories 700 Calories from Fat 370
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.1%
Saturated Fat 15.1 g75.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 186 mg62%
Sodium 1543 mg64.3%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.3%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 51 g101.7%
Vitamin A 57.4% Vitamin C 33.7%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 21.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet