Fillet Of Beef With Sour Cream Sauce
|Beef fillet/Eye round||3 Pound, rolled|
|Onions||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Carrots||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), diced|
|Parsnips||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Bacon||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Beef/Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Place the beef in a 5-quart casserole. Add the next 10 ingredients. Dribble the melted butter evenly. Marinate for 24 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 450°F. Bake the meat, uncovered, in the middle of the oven for 25 minutes. Turn the meat once.
3. Lower the temperature to 350°F. Bring stock to a boil and pour over meat and bake the meat for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
4. Place meat on a platter and keep warm in a 200° oven while you make sauce.
5. Strain the contents of the casserole through a sieve, pressing the vegetables with a wooden spoon. Return the stock to the casserole.
6. Bring the sauce to a simmer over medium heat.
7. In a mixing bowl, add 2 tablespoons of the sauce to the sour cream. Beat in the flour with a whisk. Stir the mixture into the casserole. Cook 3-4 minutes without boiling.
8. Add the lemon juice. Taste for seasoning.