|Chestnuts/Tinned chestnut puree||1⁄2 Pound, skinned|
1. To prepare fresh chestnuts if using -remove shells and hairy skin.
2. Then simmer for 30-40 minutes and sieve them.
3. In a pan mix puree and warmed stock gradually, stirring the while to make it smooth.
4. Bring almost to boiling point, add butter and flavorings and season to taste.
5. Heat thoroughly, over gentle heat.
6. Serve immediately after heating.
7. If serving alongside roast turkey or chicken and some sausage dishes add cream, taking care that sauce is not boiling and serve immediately.