Basic Brown Sauce
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Lean ham/Lean bacon||1 Ounce, chopped|
|Mixed pot vegetables||3 Ounce, chopped|
|Tomato puree||1 1⁄2|
|Brown stock||1⁄2 Pint|
1. In a stewpan melt butter with oil, add meat and vegetables and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Cook adding flour and stirring continuously until light brown.
3. Add stock gradually and cook until it thickens, still stirring.
4. Add tomato puree and bouquet garni.
5. Simmer with lid for 30 minutes.
6. Then strain and season it.
7. Serve immediately with garnish as desired or serve after reheating.