Spiced Sangria Turkey
|Frozen turkey thighs||1 7⁄8 Pound, Defrosted (2 Pieces)|
|Unsweetened orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mixed pumpkin pie spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) In a shallow baking pan, place the turkey thighs with the skin side up.
3) Bake, uncovered in the preheated oven for 30 minutes until the skin is crisp.
4) Drain off the excess fat and reduce the oven temperature to 275°F.
5) In a bowl, mix the wine, orange juice, pepper, spice and salt together and pour over the turkey thighs.
6) Bake uncovered, in the preheated oven, basting frequently until the turkey is tender and the sauce has thickened.
7) Serve immediately in a nice plate.
Calories 946 Calories from Fat 537
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g91.9%
Saturated Fat 0.08 g0.41%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 530.3 mg22.1%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.2 g0.78%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 72 g145%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 53.4%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 2.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet