Sangria With Wine
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beaujolais/Burgundy wine||750 Milliliter (1 bottle, full bodied)|
|Fresh fruit||1⁄2 , cut into thin slices (seasonal, peach, apple, etc.)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cointreau/Grand marnier liqueur||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sparkling water||10 Ounce (1 bottle)|
1. Cut citrus fruits into fourths.
2. Squeeze juices from the citrus fruits into a pitcher.
3. Add citrus fruits' rinds and sugar.
4. Stir with a wooden spoon, pressing the rinds against the bottom of the pitcher.
5. Add wine, seasonal fruit, orange juice, and liqueur (if desired).
6. If you have time, refrigerate covered for 4 to 6 hours.
7. Add sparkling water.
8. Pour into tall, ice-filled glasses. If you like, garnish with a slice of orange.