Sangria With Wine
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beaujolais/Burgundy wine||750 Milliliter (1 bottle, full bodied)|
|Fresh fruit||1⁄2 , cut into thin slices (seasonal, peach, apple, etc.)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cointreau/Grand marnier liqueur||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sparkling water||10 Ounce (1 bottle)|
1. Cut citrus fruits into fourths.
2. Squeeze juices from the citrus fruits into a pitcher.
3. Add citrus fruits' rinds and sugar.
4. Stir with a wooden spoon, pressing the rinds against the bottom of the pitcher.
5. Add wine, seasonal fruit, orange juice, and liqueur (if desired).
6. If you have time, refrigerate covered for 4 to 6 hours.
7. Add sparkling water.
8. Pour into tall, ice-filled glasses. If you like, garnish with a slice of orange.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 956 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.91 g1.4%
Saturated Fat 0.16 g0.81%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 61.3 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 136 g45.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.8%
Sugars 119.3 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 288.7%
Calcium 19.8% Iron 21.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet