Summertime Tomato Sandwich
|Plain non fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried chives||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nonfat cream cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|French bread loaf||1|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ripe tomatoes||3 , sliced|
|Dried cilantro||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and sliced|
1. Line a colander with a coffee filter or several layers of clean, dry cheesecloth. Place the yogurt in the colander in the sink and allow liquid to drain for 3 hours.
2. Combine drained yogurt, cream cheese, garlic, thyme, cilantro, chives, and basil.
3. Cut the bread in half lengthwise and spread with yogurt-cheese mixture.
4. Place the tomato slices and onion slices on top of the yogurt.
5. Top with the remaining half of the bread and cut into 6 servings.