Serve up this easy to do, slow-cooked Pork Sausage, Bacon, Pepper, Onion and Cheese sandwich at your Pit and you'll end up signing autographs for family and friends.
Natural casing sausage
2 Pound (3 feet)
4 Tablespoon (as needed)
1 , sliced, rings seperated
Green bell pepper
4 , sliced
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Preheat grill to 250 - 275F.
1. Make a swirl of the sausage and insert a couple of skewers to hold the shape. Season both sides of the sausage and bacon with rub. Place the sausage and bacon at a point of indirect heat on grill. Cover and allow to bake for 2 to 2.5 hours, flip when required. Once done place the bacon onto the sausage.
2. Place a pan on grill, add oil, onion and bell peppers, saute for few minutes and place over bacon. Top with cheese cover and allow the cheese to melt.
3. Cut the bun horizontally into half and lightly core out. Place the sausage, remove skewer and place back on the grill, cook until toasted.
4. Cut into half and serve with your choice of beverage.