I debated on whether or not to list this ridiculously easy hot turkey and cheese sandwich recipe, but after my hubby tasted them he told me I would be crazy not to do a video on them. So here ya go! This sandwich recipe is super easy. If you don't tell anyone that it has lunch meat in it, they'll probably never guess.
1. Heat a non-stick skillet with little butter on medium.
2. Add onions and green pepper. Saute for 2 minutes or till onions are translucent.
3. Put the turkey bacon and continue to cook till turkey is fully done and green peppers are tender.
4. Drain off any excess rendered fat and add turkey meat.
5. Put the cheeses and stir till they coat all the ingredients.
6. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder (if using). Stir to mix all and turn off the heat.
7. SANDWICH: Spread butter on the toast lightly.
8. On one slice, put a generous amount of the turkey- cheese filling.
9. Place lettuce, tomato and avocado on top of each other.
10. Sprinkle a little black pepper.
11. On the other slice, spread mayonnaise and mustard.
12. Place it on top of the first slice to make a sandwich.
13. In a serving plate, serve the sandwich with dill pickle.