Hot Turkey & Cheese Sandwich
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, diced|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 , seeded, diced|
|Turkey bacon||5 , diced|
|Turkey meat||7 Ounce, diced (lunchmeat)|
|Mozarella cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded (as required)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded (as required)|
|Bread slices||4 , toasted (french bread, sourdough, flatbread, etc)|
|Lettuce leaves||2 Medium, torn into small pieces|
|Tomatoes||1 Medium, sliced|
|Avocado||1 Medium, sliced|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Salt||To Taste (Optional)|
|Garlic powder||To Taste (Optional)|
1. Heat a non-stick skillet with little butter on medium.
2. Add onions and green pepper. Saute for 2 minutes or till onions are translucent.
3. Put the turkey bacon and continue to cook till turkey is fully done and green peppers are tender.
4. Drain off any excess rendered fat and add turkey meat.
5. Put the cheeses and stir till they coat all the ingredients.
6. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder (if using). Stir to mix all and turn off the heat.
7. SANDWICH: Spread butter on the toast lightly.
8. On one slice, put a generous amount of the turkey- cheese filling.
9. Place lettuce, tomato and avocado on top of each other.
10. Sprinkle a little black pepper.
11. On the other slice, spread mayonnaise and mustard.
12. Place it on top of the first slice to make a sandwich.
13. In a serving plate, serve the sandwich with dill pickle.