Afternoon Tea Sandwiches (Chicken Egg & BLT)
|For the chicken egg sandwich|
|Chicken breast||120 Gram|
|Hard boiled egg||1|
|Whole grain mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Rye bread slices||8|
|For the blt sandwich|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|White bread slices||8|
1. For the Chicken Egg Sandwich: Cut the chicken breast into chunks. Peel and slice the potato into round slices.
2. In a microwavable dish, place the chicken and potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
3. Cover with plastic wrap, and cook in the microwave for 4-5 minutes (500w). When you uncover, be careful as steam and water are very hot.
4. Mash the potato slices with a fork while they are hot. Allow the chicken breast to cool and shred with your hands.
5. Chop the hard-boiled egg.
6. In a bowl, add the mayonnaise, whole grain mustard, shredded chicken and chopped hardboiled egg and mix together.
7. Spread 1/4 of the mixture on a slice of bread. Then top with another slice of bread.
8. Cut off the crusts and cut each sandwich into fingers
9.For the BLT sandwich: Cut bacon strips into halves.
10.In a pan, fry bacon until crispy (until it reaches the crispiness you want), then drain on paper towels.
11.Slice the tomato and remove the seeds.
12. In a bowl, mix together ketchup and Worcestershire ssauce.
13. Spread some of this sauce on 2 slices of bread. Spread some mayonnaise on the other 2 slices of bread.
14. Place lettuce leaves on the mayo-smeared bread. Then place a sliced tomato and bacon strips.
15. Top with the ketchup Worcestershire sauce mixture smeared bread.
16. Cut off the crusts and cut each sandwich into fingers.
17. Serve the sandwiches with a cup of afternoon tea.
Calories 536 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.7%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.2 mg30.4%
Sodium 1058.7 mg44.1%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23.1%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44%
Sugars 14.5 g
Protein 23 g45.8%
Vitamin A 59.6% Vitamin C 40.5%
Calcium 15% Iron 24.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet