Chef Walter Staib from City Tavern in Philadelphia makes a lunchtime French Dip sandwich using Momma Dietz's Pot Roast of Beef.
Au jus mix
3 7⁄10 Ounce (1 packet)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Beer batter mix
1 Cup (16 tbs) (homemade batter)
2 Tablespoon, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oil to 350 degrees F.
2. Take the spring onion bulbs, dip them into the batter and deep fry them in the oil. Fry for 7 - 8 minutes or until golden brown. Once done, remove on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
3. In a large saucepan, prepare the au jus as per the package instructions. Bring it down to a simmer and add the beef, cooking until the beef is heated through, for about 5 minutes.
4. On a plate, slice open the hoagie roll and spread the 2 slices with the horseradish sauce.
5. Top the sauce with beef slices. Cover it with the other sauce down.
6. Plate the lettuce leaves and scoop the potato salad onto the leaves and garnish it with chives.
7. Slice the hoagie roll in half on a bias and serve it with the potato salad and a small bowl of au jus for dipping.