This is a great grilled kimcheese sandwich recipe. That's right, I said kimcheese. I'm going to show you a quick and surprisingly delicious version of grilled cheese using one of my favorite Korean go-to ingredients. I'm in a hotel room again, so I'm using Chef John's infamous technique for making grilled cheese with the clothes iron. So let's cook!
2 , halved (any melting cheese)
3 Teaspoon, chopped finely
1. To make grilled sandwiches with a clothes iron, set the clothes iron temperature to the highest degree. Keep aside making sure the steam setting is shut off.
2. Apply butter on one side of each bread slice.
3. On a sheet of foil, place one slice of bread, with the butter side down on the shiny side of the foil.
4. Place the cheese slices over the bread and add the chopped kimchi in a uniform layer over it.
5. Put another cheese slice over the kimchi and cover it with a bread slice, with the butter side up.
6. With a another sheet of foil, cover the top of the buttered bread slice, covering the sandwich completely.
7. Place the hot clothes iron on the foil to cover the sandwich completely and press gently on the bread so that you can leave the iron in place and wait a couple of minutes. Remove the iron and lift the foil and check if the bread is browned enough. If it is not done, put the iron back and continue cooking.
8. When one side is done, flip the whole thing over along with the foils and repeat the same on the other side.
9. Serve the golden grilled crispy kimcheese sandwich with a warm cup of tomato soup.
Use thin slices of bread, a single layer of foil and butter the bread well.
Use a nice melting cheese like fontina, provolone or gruyere cheese.