1. Take the rye bread slices and top them with the cheese slices.
2. Toast them on the grill greased with the oil. Set aside.
3. Steam the pastrami for 2 minutes.
4. In a mixing bowl, mix the macaroni, mayonnaise, mustard, hard boiled eggs, celery and carrots.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Spoon it in a 4 ounce bowl.
7. Take one the toasted bread slices and top with the steamed pastrami slices.
8. Take the other toasted bread slice and top with the sauerkraut and place on the bread slice with the pastrami to form the sandwich.
9. Slice in half and serve alongside the mac salad garnished with the pickle spear.