Cool Fried Green Tomato & Chicken Sandwich
|Red tomato||1 Medium, slice (for fried green tomatoes)|
|Yellow tomato||1 Medium, slice (for fried green tomatoes)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste for fried green tomatoes+ chicken)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste for fried green tomatoes+chicken)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for fried green tomatoes)|
|Egg||2 , beaten (for fried green tomatoes)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for fried green tomatoes)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon (for frying)|
|Chicken breast||1⁄2 Pound, slice (for chicken)|
|Rosemary||1 Teaspoon (for chicken)|
|Thyme||1 Teaspoon (for chicken)|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), bite size pieces (for succotash)|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), bite size pieces (for succotash)|
|Sweet corn||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for succotash)|
|Cilantro||1 Teaspoon (for succotash)|
|Chives||1 Teaspoon (for succotash)|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon (for succotash)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) (for succotash)|
|Hot sauce||1 Teaspoon (for succotash)|
|Chicken sauce||1 Teaspoon (for succotash)|
|Ciabatta bread||1⁄2 Pound, slice|
|Mozerella cheese||50 Gram|
1. Cut tomatoes and chicken into slices. Season them with salt and pepper. Keep it aside
2. Dredge each tomato slice into flour, and egg.
3. Roll it into breadcrumbs, press and coat it nicely.
4. In skillet, heat oil, and place tomato slices in it. Cook for about 1 minute per side or until golden brown.
5. Remove them from skillet and place on paper towel.
6. In the remaining oil, place chicken, and sauté.
7. Throw rosemary and thyme in it. Cook until done.
8. In a pan, pour olive oil, add red bell pepper, corn, and zucchini in it. Mix.
9. Insert cilantro, chives, and garlic.
10. Add cumin, hot sauce and chicken sauce to it. Mix and cook until vegetables are tender.
11. Toast ciabatta bread and top it with pesto.
12. Place fried tomatoes and chicken on it. Add mozzarella and cover it with another slice of ciabatta.
13. Serve sandwich with succotash.
If you like garlic then chop it otherwise you can sauté the whole garlic, and take it out once your succotash is cooked.
Calories 1037 Calories from Fat 426
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.6%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g53.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 297 mg99%
Sodium 1840.8 mg76.7%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.7%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 54 g107.3%
Vitamin A 50.7% Vitamin C 118.4%
Calcium 23.7% Iron 43.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet