Blackened Salmon Sandwich
|Salmon fillets||1⁄2 Pound, rinsed and patted dry|
|French style baguette||1 Medium|
|Black peppercorns||1 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, granulated|
|Garlic clove||1 Medium|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for frying)|
|Red onion||1 Medium|
|Lettuce leaves||5 Medium|
|Remoulade sauce||4 Tablespoon|
1. In a mortar and pestle separately crush the spices - black peppercorns, white pepper, cayenne pepper, kosher salt, fresh rosemary and granulated garlic and mix well.
2. Rub half of garlic over the salmon, drizzle over seasoning mix on both sides and apply a little olive oil.
3. Cut out a loaf from the long baguette to the size of the salmon, then halve it into sandwich buns, rub with garlic, drizzle over olive oil and rub garlic again.
4. Chop tomato and onion into thin slices.
5. In a pan or skillet, heat olive oil and cook the salmon on medium high heat.
6. Turn after 4 minutes, cook on the other side for 3 minutes remove and allow the fish to rest.
7. Apply remoulade sauce on the bread, lay tomato slices on one bread and onion slices on the other.
8. Then place lettuce on one bread and the salmon on the other, close the breads together and serve on a plate.
Calories 1536 Calories from Fat 1072
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 121 g186.3%
Saturated Fat 17.2 g85.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.4 mg20.8%
Sodium 2062 mg85.9%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.6%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 35 g69.2%
Vitamin A 72.6% Vitamin C 35.3%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet