Stephanie, The Posh Pescatarian, delivers another outstanding salmon recipe with a delicious blackened salmon sandwich. Simple, elegant and budget friendly. Perfect for those with champagne tastes, but on a beer budget!
1⁄2 Pound, rinsed and patted dry
French style baguette
1 Teaspoon, granulated
1 Cup (16 tbs) (for frying)
1. In a mortar and pestle separately crush the spices - black peppercorns, white pepper, cayenne pepper, kosher salt, fresh rosemary and granulated garlic and mix well.
2. Rub half of garlic over the salmon, drizzle over seasoning mix on both sides and apply a little olive oil.
3. Cut out a loaf from the long baguette to the size of the salmon, then halve it into sandwich buns, rub with garlic, drizzle over olive oil and rub garlic again.
4. Chop tomato and onion into thin slices.
5. In a pan or skillet, heat olive oil and cook the salmon on medium high heat.
6. Turn after 4 minutes, cook on the other side for 3 minutes remove and allow the fish to rest.
7. Apply remoulade sauce on the bread, lay tomato slices on one bread and onion slices on the other.
8. Then place lettuce on one bread and the salmon on the other, close the breads together and serve on a plate.