Chicken Salad Finger Sandwich
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon (as needed, for poaching chicken breasts)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for poaching chicken breasts)|
|Peppercorns||6 Medium (as needed, for poaching chicken breasts)|
|Thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon (for poaching chicken breasts)|
|Chicken breasts||3 Large, skinless, boneless|
|Creme fraiche||2 Tablespoon|
|Tarragon||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Celery||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Shallots||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch (as needed, to taste)|
|Black pepper||1 Dash, freshly crushed (as needed, to taste)|
1) In a large pot with simmering water, add the lemon juice, white wine, peppercorns, and thyme.
2) Then add the chicken breasts, cover the pot with a lid and allow to poach for about 10 to 15 minutes.
3) Allow the chicken breasts to cool down and then shred them to make sandwiches.
4) In a large mixing bowl, add the shredded chicken breasts, Creme Fraiche, tarragon, celery, shallots, kosher salt and black pepper together.
5) Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
6) Spoon about 1/2 cup of the chicken salad on the bread and cut the sandwich diagonally in half.
7) Serve the Chicken Salad Finger Sandwich with a slice of lemon.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 779 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 252.3 mg84.1%
Sodium 575.9 mg24%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 104 g207.6%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 44.9%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 34.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet