Growing up we all loved the traditional grilled cheese sandwich, but most of us have outgrown that tasty treat. To get a little different twist on this sandwich we stop by Oliver's Restaurant in Lake Oswego to talk to owner Becky Russell.
Sour dough bread
50 Gram (2 slices)
1⁄2 Medium, peeled, cored, and sliced (Pink Lady apple)
200 Gram, cooked
2 Tablespoon, melted
2 Tablespoon, shredded
1. Preheat the grill, a sandwich toasted or a Panini maker. Or simple heat a large skillet.
2. Spread the fig jam on one side of one bread slice.
3. Arrange the apple slices on top then the precooked prosciutto.
4. Butter opposite side of the second bread slice and place it down on the grill, or in the toaster/skillet, buttered side down.
5. Cover bread sliced with generous scattering of cheese.
6. Close the sandwich with other half. Butter top side. Grill on both sides until crisp and golden and cheese oozes out.
7. Cut diagonally into half and serve warm, accompanied with a good glass of cabernet red wine if you like!
Watch this video to learn how to make a grown up's grilled cheese sandwich! It's a tasty twist to the grilled cheese we all have childhood memories of! This sandwich is made with sourdough bread, pink lady apples, gouda cheese, prosciutto, and a fig sauce. A true gourmet-style grilled cheese sandwich that can be served at a formal brunch, or summer patio party with a good cabernet red to complete the adult grilled cheese sandwich!