1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until soft and beginning to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, oregano and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are wilted and soft, about 7 minutes. Remove to a bowl.
4. Drizzle a little oil into the pan and add steak. Cook, stirring, until the meat is just cooked through, about 4 minutes.
5. Reduce heat to low. Return vegetables to the pan. Add hot peppers if using
6. Sprinkle the vegetables and meat with flour; stir to coat.
7. Stir in broth; bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat; lay cheese slices on top of the vegetables and meat, cover and let stand until melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
8. Divide into 4 portions with a spatula, leaving the melted cheese layer on top.
9. Scoop a portion onto each bun and serve immediately.
Philly cheese steak sandwiches are a Philadelphia tradition and make deliciously greasy lunch or dinner options; thin slices from a rich and very fatty slab of beef, fried up and topped with a heavy cheese sauce. But with grease comes calories and with calories comes extra weight. Here is a lighter, healthier version of the classic Philly cheese steak. Make them at home, and make them healthier! Just cut down on the fat considerably without compromising on the taste. In this recipe, most of the good stuff i