Pork Cutlet Sandwich(Katsu Sando)
1. To make Tonkatsu: Layer 4 slices of pork for each Tonkatsu and season both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Flour the pork lightly, dip in beaten egg, then coat with Panko. Use one hand for coating flour and Panko, and use the other to dip in egg to keep one of your hands dry.
3. Fry them in oil at 170C (340F) until cooked golden brown. (Turn the pork over to cook evenly.) Remove the Tonkatsu from the oil and drain.
4. To make Katsu Sando: Brush one side of each bread with butter. Brush one side of 2 breads with whole-grain mustard. (You can toast the breads if you like.)
5. Sandwich the Tonkatsu with shredded cabbage and tonkatsu sauce.
6. Cut and enjoy! (Cut crusts off if you prefer. Mostly the crusts are off when sold in Japan.)