A pulled Pork Sandwich with Coleslaw, and Home Fries = a tasty (really messy) sandwich!
Korean barbecue sauce
2 Cup (32 tbs) (for pork)
6 Cup (96 tbs) (for pork)
6 Cup (96 tbs) (leftover, for pork)
1 Teaspoon (for pork)
1 Medium, chopped (for pork)
4 Cup (64 tbs), chopped (for pork)
50 Gram (2 slices, for sandwich)
1 Medium, sliced (2 slices, for sandwich)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for coleslaw)
2 Teaspoon (for coleslaw)
1 Teaspoon (for coleslaw)
1. Drizzle Crock Pot with olive oil, pour a little water and a little BBQ sauce in the bottom.
2. Add pork.
3. Cover with remaining water and BBQ sauce.
4. Cook for 2-4 hours on high, or 4-6 on low (or more!!!! if you have the time, I’d cook for 6-8 hours on low!!).
5. Whisk together coleslaw dressing ingredients. Add carrots and cabbage and combine.
6. Toss potato wedges with seasonings and olive oil. Lay on a baking sheet.
7. Bake at 357 F for 15 minutes, flip, bake an additional 5-10 minutes.
8. Add green garlic after pork has cooked for about an hour.
9. After 2-3 hours, in Crock Pot or on a cutting board, using 2 forks, shred the pork.
10. Return to Crock Pot and continue to cook (on low or high, between 1-5 more hours – make sure there’s enough liquid so it doesn’t burn!).
11. About 30 minutes before serving, add greens to Crock Pot and combine with pork.
12. Assemble sandwich: bread/roll, pork, tomato slices, coleslaw (or coleslaw, tomato), drizzle a little BBQ juice over, top with bread. You can dip one slice/side of the bread/roll into the BBQ juice in the Crock Pot… it will make it extra messy! Serve with more coleslaw on the side, and home fries.
Try this twist on the classic pulled pork sandwich: slow cooked pork featuring a homemade BBQ sauce, green garlic, pea tendrils, and chard. Serve with coleslaw featuring cabbage and grated carrots, and home fries.