1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. Using knife, crush the garlic clove.
3. Cut the tomatoes in half and squeeze out the liquid and seeds.
4. In a shallow baking dish, place together tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, herbs, and salt and pepper.
5. Place the baking dish in oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Remove the tomato mixture from oven and allow to cool.
7. In a food processor, place the tomato mixture and process to make a chunky spread.
8. Spread the bread slices with the tomato mixture and place on a broiler pan.
9. Place bacon slice on tomato spread and top with mozzarella slices.
10. Put the broiler pan under broiler and until the cheese melts.
11. Serve the sandwich hot, sprinkle with basil if desired.
If you want to make a tasty and filling sandwich, but in an effortless way, then this recipe is the right choice. Packed with the goodness of mozzarella cheese and tomatoes, this sandwich is ideal to be relished as a lunch or as a snack. Watch out how simple the preparation of this tasty delight is!
Mozzarella, Bacon And Roasted Tomato Sandwich Recipe Video