Yogurt Marinated Lamb With Tomato Cucumber Relish Pita Sandwiches
|Lamb leg||2 Pound (bone-in lamb leg)|
|Plain yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Medium|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||10 Clove (50 gm), crush|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Dill yogurt dressing|
|Plain yogurt||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Medium|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) (turned into a paste)|
|Fresh dill||2 Tablespoon, mince|
|Pickling cucumbers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dice|
|Roma tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dice|
|Orange bell peppers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), dice (Optional)|
|Shallots||1 Small, mince|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crush|
|Fresh dill leave stalks||3 Small|
|White vinegar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, slice|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
1. Crush the garlic and mince the fresh dill, dice the bell pepper, slice the onions, set aside.
2. Cut the cucumber and roma tomatoes into cubes, dice the shallots, set aside.
3. Place the marinade bag in a bowl and add plain yogurt, lemon juice, crushed garlic, ground cumin, red cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, olive oil and finally shake the bag.
4. Put the bone in lamb, in marinate and refrigerate for 1 to 1 ½ hour.
5. In a bowl add plain yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and garlic paste and fresh dill, mix everything well.
6. In a mason jar, add cucumbers, roma tomatoes, bell pepper, garlic crushed and shallots, stick dill sprigs in the jar.
7. In another bowl combine white vinegar, water, sugar and salt, mix everything well.
8. Pour this pickling mixture in the jar and give it a good shake, place it in the refrigerator.
9. Remove the lamb from the refrigerator and place it on a foil lined baking sheet.
10. Once done broil the lamb for 10-12 minutes on each side.
11. In a small pan grill or sauté the sliced onions, set aside.
12. Place the pita bread on a serving plate and add the lamb meat, grilled onion, dill dressing and the relish.
13. Serve the pita sandwich along with a glass of coke.