Choco-Nut Sandwich Cookies
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|For coconut cream filling|
|Sifted powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Marshmallow creme||7 Ounce (1 jar)|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, add butter and beat well.
2) Gradually add in the sugar, beating till light and fluffy.
3) Add in the egg and blend well.
4) In a bowl, add flour, soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa.
5) Add to the creamed mix, alternating with milk. Begin and end with the flour mix and stir well after each addition.
6) Add in the vanilla extract and mix well.
7) On a greased cookie sheet, arrange rounded teaspoonfuls of the dough.
8) Place in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes at 400°.
9) Stand on wire racks.
10) For the Coconut Cream Filling, in a bowl, add butter and powdered sugar and beat till smooth.
11) Add in the remaining ingredients and blend well.
12) Spread 2 tablespoons of the filling on the bottom half of the cookies.
13) Arrange the remaining cookies, bottom side down, on top of the filling.
Calories 545 Calories from Fat 192
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.4%
Saturated Fat 13.6 g68.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.6 mg17.2%
Sodium 388.1 mg16.2%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.5%
Sugars 52.2 g
Protein 8 g15.5%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 0.31%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 20.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet