Make Ahead Saucy Sandwiches
|White sandwich bread slice||24|
|Diced cooked chicken||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce, 1 can, undiluted|
|Chicken gravy||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Prepared)|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained and chopped (1 Can)|
|Chopped pimentos||2 Ounce, drained (1 Jar)|
|Chopped green onions||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Potato chips||12 Ounce, crushed (Ridged, 2 Bags, 6 Ounce Each)|
1. Trim the bread crusts from the sides of the bread. Discard or reserve as desired.
2. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, soup, gravy, water chestnuts, pimientos, onions, salt and pepper.
3. Spread the mixture on 12 slices of bread.
4. Place the remaining bread on top.
5. Wrap in a foil and refrigerate.
6. In a small bowl, beat eggs and milk.
7. Unwrap frozen sandwiches and dip in egg mixture.
8. Dredge in potato chips.
9. Arrange on greased baking sheets.
10. Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.
11. Serve warm.
Calories 363 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.9%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 101.9 mg34%
Sodium 531.7 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 14 g28.4%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 18.3%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 105.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet