|Cucumber||1 Large, peeled|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened (1 package)|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green onion stems/Snipped chives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced white bread||8 (Rounds or fingers)|
|Softened butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon|
1. To prepare the cucumber cut it in half lengthwise.
2. To remove seeds run a teaspoon down the center and scrape through.
3. Dice and drain in a strainer for at least 1 hour.
4. In a bowl mix cream cheese, garlic salt, worcestershire sauce and salt until well, blended.
5. Stir in drained cucumber and snipped onion stems.
6. Spread on buttered bread rounds and make open faced or closed.
7. Refrigerate, covered with waxed paper and a damp cloth for 2-3 hours and serve.
Calories 113 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.6%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.5 mg7.8%
Sodium 363.4 mg15.1%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 0.48 g1.9%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 2 g4.4%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet