Chicken and Peppers Sandwiches
|Boneless chicken breast halves||1 Pound, skinned (4 Pieces)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried whole basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried whole oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Part skim mozzarella cheese||2 Ounce, shredded (1/2 Cup)|
|Finely chopped green pepper||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped sweet red pepper||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Curly leaf lettuce||4|
|Whole wheat hamburger buns||2 , split|
1) Discard the excess fat from chicken breast halves.
2) Place the chicken breast between 2 sheets of wax paper.
3) Use a meat mailer or rolling pin to flatten the breast to 1/4-inch thickness.
4) In a shallow container, place the chicken breast halves.
5) In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and next 6 ingredients.
6) Stir well and pour over chicken.
7) Cover the chicken and place inside refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours.
8) Coat a grill oven with cooking spray.
9) Place the chicken on grill over hot coals by removing from marinade. Reserve the marinade.
10) Grill the chicken by placing 6 inches from the hot coals. Turn and baste with reserved marinade in every 5 minutes.
11) Transfer the chicken on plate and sprinkle cheese on top.
12) Place aside the chicken and keep warm.
13) Use a medium skillet to coat with cooking spray.
14) Place the skillet on medium heat and wait until hot.
15) Add green pepper, sweet red pepper, and onion to sautÃ© for 2 minutes or until tender.
16) Remove from heat.
17) Use 4 bun halves to line with lettuce leaves.
18) Spoon the reserved chicken on lettuce leaves.
19) Spread 2 tablespoons pepper mixture on each bun half.
20) Serve immediately.