Curried Shrimp Sandwiches
|Water||1 1⁄2 Quart|
|Small shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, uncooked|
|Frozen english peas||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), thawed and drained|
|Green onions||2 , chopped|
|Sliced water chestnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Reduced calorie mayonnaise||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1 Dash|
|Hamburger buns||6 , split and toasted|
1) In a saucepan, add water to boil.
2) Add shrimp, and reduce heat.
3) Cook the shrimp for 3 minutes and drain.
4) Rinse with cold water and allow cooling.
5) Peel the shrimp, devein, and chop coarsely.
6) In a medium bowl, add shrimp and next 7 ingredients.
7) Gently toss to coat.
8) Cover and place inside refrigerator to chill thoroughly.
9) Spread 1/3 shrimp mixture on each bun. Cover the top half of bun and serve.