Cheesy Zucchini Open Face Sandwiches
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Shredded zucchini||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Part skim mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce, shredded (1 cup)|
|Minced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped ripe olives||2 Tablespoon|
|Reduced calorie mayonnaise||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried italian seasoning||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat english muffins||3 , split|
|Tomato||1 Medium, cut into 6 thin slices|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1) Use a large skillet to coat with cooking spray.
2) Place the skillet over medium-high heat, and wait until hot.
3) Add zucchini to sautÃ© 3 minutes.
4) Remove the zucchini from heat and drain.
5) Use paper towels to press zucchini for removing the excess moisture.
6) In a medium bowl, add zucchini and next 5 ingredients to combine.
7) Mix well by stirring.
8) Use the English muffin halves to place on a baking sheet.
9) Spoon the zucchini mixture evenly over each half. Place 1 tomato slice on top.
10) Sprinkle 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese over each tomato slice.
11) Place the muffin halves inside the broiler at 6 inches from heating element.
12) Broil the muffin halves for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
13) Serve the muffin halves immediately, with green salad, if desired.